Information Technology Manager (IT Manager)
The successful candidate will work steadfastly, collaboratively, and transparently to manage a complex technological environment. Partnering with colleagues and stakeholders, the IT Manager will increase the quality and sustainability of the organization’s products and services and assist with the implementation of the long-term vision for the association’s technical infrastructure.
About AIR The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) is a global organization that empowers higher education professionals at all levels to utilize data, analytics, information, and evidence to make decisions and take actions that benefit students and institutions and improve higher education. More information can be found at www.airweb.org.
Type and Location of Employment
This full-time, salaried position is located at AIR’s headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida and is supervised by the Strategy Director of Technology.
- Occasional travel is required.
Administration and Oversight
- Analyze association needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions and improve processes.
- Ensure technology components meet stakeholder needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Continuously analyze current process and technologies to identify areas of improvement and to create a roadmap for the future.
- Work cross-functionally to allocate technical resources appropriately.
- Ensure that in-house and contracted IT operations adhere to all relevant policies and procedures, including those for architecture, firewall, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision, as well as the association’s policies.
- Oversee technology needs assessments.
- Recommend and provide technology training and support to AIR staff
- Oversee end-user services provision, including help desk, technical support, and other vendors.
- Manage oversight of all association-wide hardware, software, database systems, online learning management system, architecture, and third-party software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology, or related technical field is required. Equivalent experience without a degree or with non-technical degree will also be considered.
- 3-5 years of IT work experience with a proven track record for achieving results in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative environment, including the ability to deliver high-impact projects on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online, Office 365, Azure, SQL Queries, and SAP Business Objects Reporting is required.
- Exceptional collaboration skills are essential, including demonstrated leadership and innovative approaches to solve complex problems in a team-based environment..
- Self-starter comfortable with proactively learning new skills as the need arises.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and effectively prioritize work to achieve objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Manage and support the IT Coordinator.
- Create a sustainable, consistent, and streamlined IT work environment.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
• Health Insurance – Full coverage for employee (except for $25 monthly contribution by employee), spouse/family options via payroll deduction at employee expense
• Dental Insurance – Full coverage for employee, spouse/family options via payroll deduction at employee expense
• Retirement – AIR contributes 10% of salary to tax deferred retirement plan.
• Vacation – 15+ days per year of annual leave (15 first year, plus 1 additional day added on each anniversary of hire, to a maximum of 21 days per year)
• Sick Time – 13 days per year
• Holidays - 10 paid standard holidays each year: (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day)
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance – Full coverage for employee
• Life Insurance - $50,000 Group Term Life Insurance
• Flex-Pay Plans - Health and child care plans are available pre-tax via payroll deduction
AIR considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does it discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.